Thursday, March 18, 2021

A SELF-PROSTITUTING OF OUR INHERENT AGENCY

 



A SELF-PROSTITUTING OF OUR INHERENT AGENCY 

Copyright (C) Rudy Rucker 2016.
Purchase paperback or ebook editions from
Dover Publications or Amazon.
 
IS THIS ALL THERE IS? Struggle, loneliness, disease, and death … Is this all there is? Life can seem so chaotic, so dreary, so grindingly hard. Who among us has not dreamt of some higher reality, some transcendent level of meaning and peace? There actually is such a higher reality … And it is not so very hard to reach. For many, the fourth dimension has served as a gateway into it. But what is the fourth dimension? No one can point to the fourth dimension, yet it is all around us. Philosophers and mystics meditate upon it; physicists and mathematicians calculate with it. The fourth dimension is part and parcel of many respected scientific theories, yet it is also of great use in such disreputable fields as spiritualism and science fiction.

The fourth dimension is a direction different from all the directions in normal space. Some say that time is the fourth dimension … And this is, in a sense, true. Others say that the fourth dimension is a hyperspace direction quite different from time … This is also true. There are, in fact, many higher dimensions. One of these higher dimensions is time, another higher dimension is the direction m which space is curved, and still another higher dimension may lead toward some utterly different universes existing parallel to our own. 


What is our “inherent agency”?
 
It is the prerogatives of our cognitive processing faculties to facilitate the connections from extra-dimensional realms to the mundanities of our incidental and conventional paradigms of presumptive consensus. Since ‘the many’ are obliged to conform to those mundane conventions, the lexicon of the supra-convention aesthetics goes unattended, thus mostly unknown except for cul de sacs of esoteric engagement by isolated persons/groups. Aspects of that esoteric thought have arrived at gnostic dialectic forms.
 
Those forms hint and imply that the circumscribed carnal dimension of capabilities supports rather than are supported by the abstract dimension. The mortal aesthetics we’ve added as integral incidentals to our carnal operations are superfluous incidentals of elective choice, as the incidentals of the diversity and versatility of material life and its own abstract trappings and derivations. The ‘truly abstract’ are the mental tools which facilitate our cognizance of the phenomenologies of our sensory experience-conscious/unconscious.Those abstractions enable the physics of the subsequent and consequent relationships by the creation of the phenomena for our sensory interactions, the conscious/subconscious/unconscious. Particularly in the subconscious and unconscious dimensions of our cognition are the latitudes of options that provide the basis for why there’s the hints/implications for the abstract being the serviced realm and the carnal being as the logistical support for those subconscious and unconscious venues of experience.
 
This brings into question the states of coma-autism and other suspended conscious-or even ‘preconscious’-states. The neural energy activity of those states, though in forms unintelligible for our cultural comprehension, could be of a unique form and purpose specific for those states of consciousness. In those anomalous states, plus the mundane, incidental, non-conscious, sensory states; there could be ‘meaningful’ data information exchanges. Those exchanges, whose purpose, though tangent to the pedestrian conscious processes, can be seen as the artifacts of an alternate dimension of neural communication.
 
My own experiences in dreams and in response to acute agitations of emotions, at least anecdotally, confirm a realm of phenomena that interacts and intervenes-when necessary-in my consciously controlled awareness without me having any solicitation for their advent. Here are a few examples.
 
I had a heated discussion over the phone about not being able to make a promised and planned trip to see the person with whom I was talking to on the phone. After an exchange of insults, I hung up in a highly peeved mood over how my intentions had been unjustly insulted. My agitation included heavy breathing and the shaking of my limbs from being so irritated. Within 10 seconds of my slamming the phone down, the phone rang. I picked it up, anticipating another bout of exchanging insults with the previous caller. It wasn’t the caller. It was my bud calling me from his room across the campus. His home-girl, whom I met at lunch, was taken by my entertaining banter I’d spewed during lunch. She wanted to know if she could drop by and visit me-which I did. (-; !
 
Another incident occurred after I’d been listening to the radio and doing a running counter-commentary to the guests with whose opinions I strongly disagreed. I was quite loud and vocal in my disagreement. By the time the program ended, I was quite emotionally agitated. Again, within 10 seconds of that agitation, a phone rang. Since I was at a friend’s place doing laundry while listening to the radio, I was hesitant to answer the phone, since explaining who I was to someone who wouldn’t know me would have possible complicating consequences. BUT since my hosts’ mom had been in an unconscious state at a local nursing home, for the sake of that call possibly being about bad or good news about her: I answered the phone. The caller asked for ME, by name. I was dumb-founded. The call concerned an advertisement for a temporary job, for which I had answered. The caller called to make me a job offer and let me know where and when I’d be starting.
 
If the prior two anecdotes weren’t stunning this one ‘took the cake’!
 
I had received a reply to a letter which I had sent on the presumption of the social status of the recipient and her feelings towards me. My presumptions were totally wrong and the letter was the harshest of put downs. I was quite chagrined to shame for myself when I went to bed that night. I dreamed I was sitting on a log in a wooded glen when out-of-no-where-up pops an angel with the face of a gal I knew from high school. The angel asks me, “How ya doing?”. I shrug my shoulders and say, “OK.”. The angel looks at me incredulously and says, “You men! Always trying to be so brave”. After that, she kisses me on the cheek and she and the dream disappears into my awakening grogginess. I thought to myself, “How remarkable the psyche is in rallying to one’s morale!” (I thought). Later that afternoon. believing I had a wake/mourning service to attend at a funeral home, I came to the designated funeral home, picked up a brochure without looking at it, and found a seat to sit. I didn’t see anyone I knew, from either the coworker whose relative had died or to any of the other of my coworkers. I opened the brochure for the first time to see if I’d see the name of the deceased that would tell me I was in the right place. No luck. I closed the brochure so that its front cover showed. The image on the front cover duplicated the scene in which I had been in the previous night’s dream. Jesus and the angel were in the same relative positions that I had been in my dream.
 
A circumstantial coincidence or a message that it was MORE than my psyche cannibalizing on the emotions of the prior evenings events?
 
These incidents and a few others similar to them would seem to be, as aggregates. the manifestation of another dimension inserting itself into my recognition and future acknowledgement of the dimensions- external or INTERNAL-that respond fortuitously to my moods and provide guiding mental compensation to me.Those anecdotes give an option of personal agency other than the present subservient obsessiveness to the economics of commoditizing  or objectifying ourselves for the physical or psychological abuse of that subservience. That abuse is a de facto dependency similar to what a junky has to their pusher-supplier. 
 
What ethical or moral lines of depth would be crossed for whatever is the latest surrogate for that ‘crust of bread and such’? 
 
The opportunity costs lost because of that subservient preoccupation of the diversion of our own mental energies for an agenda which distracts our attention from the physics that could be done with our own intangible resources is the reality never conceived for that moment. That lost space of time and energy went to what is daily being learned as a fallaciously structured illusion. This is why a personal self-agency has a greater chance to be tied to empirically relevant, imperative needs than pursuing others’ ‘Yellow Brick Road’, as exhorted in that hyperlinked text..
===================
For the video version of this, a donation of $4.50-USD at this link paypal.me/j2e595 would be gratifyingly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment